Meet the team – Freya Wilkinson
To continue our ‘meet the team’ series, we catch up with Freya who faces our Q&A interview this month. Freya has recently returned to us after taking a year off to have her baby boy, Milo. I think we can all agree, we are delighted to have our dog-loving, cross country running mum back in the salon!
- How long have you been working at La Medusa? 9 years but with one year off with maternity leave
- What was your first day like? Scary as was my first ever full time job. But was made to feel part of the La Medusa family very quickly
- What made you want to work in the hair industry? Watching my mum have her hair blow dried every week when I was little made me want to have a go
- What is the celebrity ‘look’ have you been asked to recreate most of all? The most popular celebrity my clients have asked me to recreate is David Beckham (from the men obviously). All ladies want their other half to look like him and all the men want to look like him! Win win!
- Where’s your favourite place to go out in Henley? If going out with Alessio it has to be The Square amazing prawns and amazing cocktails! Perfect combo!!
- What celebrity ‘look’ is your least favourite? Each look is personal but looking back at the history of hair I would say the curtain look was never a good one!
- If you could create any style / colour for a client what would it be? It’s client specific but I like doing short pixie haircuts and flashes of different colours to create different textures
- What’s your favourite thing about working in Henley? I love working in Henley as it’s where I grew up and always been a massive part of my life. The town is so friendly and we have the best clients of all!
- What’s the worst hair style you’ve ever had? I’ve always had my hair long other than when I was little my mum had it cut short like a boy so I would have to say then.
- What’s your favourite hair product to work with? I love Craft Clay by Sebastian – it’s so good for short pixie haircut and gents hair to give a strong edgy hold and it’s a matt finish!
- What’s your dream holiday destination and why? Has to be the Maldives!!! Got my fingers crossed for my 30th!
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what 3 things would want with you? Bella, as she’s my best friend – chocolate – sun cream
- What’s the worst hairdressing injury you’ve inflicted on yourself? Lots of cuts to my fingers!
- If you weren’t a hairdresser, what would you be? As I’ve done my training in makeup and beauty I would have gone down that route. But if totally away from that maybe an estate agent as I love looking at people’s homes!