Meet the team – Lauren Rees
Our longstanding salon manager Lauren is next to answer our Q&A. The Sonning Common resident has a list of loyal clients who benefit from her precise colouring skills, her perfect cut and blow dry technique and her valuable relationship advice!
- How long have you been working at La Medusa? OMG 14 years… where has that time gone.
- What was your first day like? I was this young nervous teenage girl, starting full time employment for the first time in my life. Alessio showed me the ropes and that was it 14 years later and still going strong.
- What made you want to work in the hair industry? There was only one way forward for me Hairdressing! Having 3 sister’s someone had to look after them!
- Other than hairdressing what other jobs have? Working with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. just giving my time is so rewarding.
- What celebrity look have you been asked to recreate most of all ? Kate Middleton, definitely!
- Is there a fashion or trend which keeps coming back? Straight hair but I say embrace your natural curls.
- where is your favourite place to go out in Henley? That’s a hard one! Either Giggling squid, Villa Marin, The Square but it’s got to be a lunch date at Shaun Dickens at the Boathouse with the La Medusa crew.
- If you could create any style or colour for a client what would it be?I love getting my hands on a client that has had the same hair for the last 10 years. It’s okay to change things up every now and then.
- What is your favourite thing about working in Henley? It’s got to be the River Thames! I could people watch all day.
- What is the worst hair style you’ve had? A DIY fringe. Note to all – never cut your own fringe please!
- What is your favourite product to work with? GOLD IN A BOTTLE – liquid hair by Wella System Professional. It rebuilds, strengthens and protects weak hair.
- In terms of technology what salon item can you not live without? The new La Medusa App.
- What’s your dream holiday destination and why? Devon/Cornwall because I am a home bird at heart. I love nothing more than a lovely coastal path walk with my fur baby (dog) and my fiancé.
- If you were stuck on a desert island what 3 things would you want with you? My fiancé Martin, our dog Cooper and a big pair of dark sunglasses
- What is the worst hairdressing injury you’ve inflicted on yourself? Cutting my knuckle exposing the bone (new scissors) I was in hospital and had 3 weeks off work
- If you weren’t a hairdresser what would you be? A multi-millionaire!